Friday, June 24, 2011

Worked on 1st 3 Preludes. Gave myself 2nd finger blisters - both hands!

Figured out I need to lean back from my harp in order to play the top register without doing weird (and double-jointed) things to my fingers.

Started trying to transcribe Peter Gabriel's "Here Comes the Flood". In order to be in tune with the recording I have, I have to be in all flats. However, the chords (I think) are D♭m7 and B♭♭m7 (playing A♮). It would make more sense these would be Dm7 and B♭m7 in the realm of sensible chords. Are these sensible chords? I guess if you're Peter Gabriel, you can do whatever the heck you want.

I also canNOT hear notes in the lower registers. I could not distinguish between 5th octave A and D. My music theory instructor said that would come with practice, but I'm not so sure.

1 comment:

  1. PLEASE ENTER AT http://peter-gabriel-fanclub.blogspot.com/
    I TRY TO CREATE A FANCLUB OF MY FAVORITE SINGER.
    ENTER AND LEAVE ME YOUR LINK , BECAUSE I TRY TO CREATE ALSO A COMUNITY WITH BEST BLOGS ABOUT PETER GABRIEL.
    THANKS,
    ALEXANDRA

    ReplyDelete